Transparent House is seeking to hire an exceptionally talented 3D Artist to work at our optimally located Los Angeles studio.
As a 3D artist, you live and breathe 3D, and are as comfortable detailing a hyper-realistic product rendering as you are building photo-real architectural assets for a 3-minute animation or a Next-Gen interactive experience. You will develop visual media content using your specialized skill set while participating in all stages of the project including proposition of ideas, development of concepts, storyboards, animations, physical prototyping and finalization of projects. You love the idea of forging new paths across a rapidly evolving 3D industry landscape. Your keen eye for quality control can spot issues before our producers or clients do and your deep understanding of your toolset enables you to quickly correct them. You are a self-starter, but integrate well with a team and enjoy collaborative success. You push yourself to always be a step ahead of your competition and are excited by the idea of joining a small but rapidly growing SF agency where you can make a difference.
· A BA/BS degree in Art, Engineering or equivalent degree. – or – Minimum 4 years of relevant work experience
· Software Proficiencies required: Adobe Photoshop & After Effects, 3DS Max (as well as accompanying plug-ins), Mental Ray, VRay, Foundry Nuke, and Unity.
· Expert in lighting and material set up, as well as ability to write custom shaders
· Disciplined and responsible manner of work
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· Industry experience in either high-end film or game industry preferred
· Desire to grow with the company long-term.
· A good sense of humor and a positive attitude!
THE PERSON WE SEEK
The right candidate should have extensive knowledge of 3D computer design and 3D motion and animation experience, with a focus on 3D Studio Max, Unity3D, and Nuke expertise. This is your chance to work with a highly skilled design team and become and integral part of a premier creative studio.
Please, submit your resume and cover letter in a .pdf file format to firstname.lastname@example.org. Samples must be under 5 MB total. No phone calls, please.